June 09, 2008

No Show and Tell

Rich and I returned from a great weekend trip to Memphis last night and I have nothing to show. Believe it or not, I didn't take a single photo. So if you want to know what we did for three days, you'll just have to read on :-)

We got ourselves packed and the boys loaded in the car to leave the house at 8:30. Dropped the boys off at the kennel and headed west. We got about 45 minutes down the I-40, only to realize that I had left my corporate card at home. (*&^*)&%(*!!! Although this trip was mostly pleasure, it was a business trip and I needed my corporate card, so back to the house we went.

We finally arrived in Memphis about 2:30, and headed straight for the tournament. It was SO HOT this weekend. Holy moly... these are August temps! Luckily we had passes for the cabana (thank you FedEx) on the 18th green, so we were able to sit in the air conditioned comfort and enjoy some great food and cold beverages.

We left there and checked into our room at the world famous Peabody Hotel. After a brief rest, we changed and headed across the street to The Rendezvous for some of that great Memphis Barbeque. From there, it was back to the hotel, where we grabbed dessert and went back to the room.

Rich had to leave around 6:15 Saturday morning to go play golf, so I lounged around for the morning and then headed off to Archiver's. I had been looking forward to shopping there for the past month. Oh my goodness... all sorts of fantastic goodies to bring home. After the very intense shopping, I headed back to the hotel to meet up with Rich. He was tired from his golf game, and wanted to rest for a while before heading out to dinner.

We chose to eat at Cayenne Moon, cajun restaurant just a few blocks from our hotel. The food was incredible! We both love cajun/creole cooking, so this was a great treat and got me looking forward to my upcoming trip to New Orleans in September (Natasha, I'll be emailing you about a get together!).

We finished off the night with Indiana Jones. What a strange movie...

The tournament was calling our name, so we headed back over for a while Sunday morning before we started on our way home. But, not before one more stop at Archiver's... it's probably a good thing we don't have one here in Nashville. I would be broke, for sure!

On our way home, we stopped in Jackson, TN to have lunch at The Old Country Store. Oh my goodness! I am not a buffet kind of girl. I typically refer to it as fondled food. But, this place is so good. Lots of great country cooking, so I am willing to look past the fact that it is served on a buffet. I ate way more than I should have, but I made up for it by skipping dinner.

It was a wonderful trip and so great to get away, but sleeping in my own bed last night was heavenly.

How was your weekend?
What's up with the heat?

1 comment:

  1. Archiver's in downtown Memphis? I need to know more information I guess. I am about 30 minutes south of Memphis in Mississippi. I think I might need a little retail therapy!

    ReplyDelete

comments make me happy!