August 14, 2006

Saturday, July 29, 2006

Over the hills and through the woods to Amish Country we go!

If you travel about an hour and a half north east of Columbus to Holmes County, you will encounter the largest population of Amish in the United States. Last year we made our first visit and there was no question that we were coming back again this year!

We had lunch at The Amish Door in Wilmot, OH. I thought we might never get there... we were so busy looking at the scenery we missed a turn and took a little detour through the beautiful countryside. After lunch, we made our way back to Berlin & Millersburg to stop in at some of the local businesses.

I am very intrigued by their way of life and each time I visit the area, I find more reasons to go back. Next year, I will have to plan two days in Amish Country, because one is just not enough. This is a great place to visit with the entire family. I was in absolute heaven with all the crafting ideas around!

No comments:

Post a Comment

comments make me happy!