I am not a superstitious person. And I don't necessarily think that anything tangible can bring good 'luck' or good fortune. So, for me, this challenge was.... well, a challenge. So I thought I should post about something that is very meaningful to me.
For those of you who have never been in a greek organization, you may have a slanted view of what we are all about. The media, television and movies do not paint a flattering picture of Greek life. While some of what they show is accurate, it is a small part of who we are.
My dearest friends are my Sisters. They surrounded me with love and lifted me up during what is to this day, the darkest time of my life. They are my strength and I can't imagine my life without them.
Joining Alpha Gamma Delta gave my life purpose. It shaped me into the person I want to be. I am challenged everyday to live up to the ideals of our Purpose.
- To gain understanding that wisdom may be vouchsafed to me
- To develop and prize health and vigor of body
- To cultivate acquaintances with many whom I meet
- To cherish friendships with but a chosen few and to study the perfecting of those friendships
- To welcome the opportunity of contributing to the world's work in the community where I am placed because of the joy of service thereby bestowed and the talent of leadership multiplied
- To honor my home, my country, my religious faith
- To hold truth inviolable, sincerity essential, and kindness invaluable
- To covet beauty in environment, manner, word, and thought
- To possess high ideals and to attain somewhat unto them
- This shall be my purpose that those who know me may esteem Alpha Gamma Delta for her attainments, revere her for her purposes, and love her for her womanhood