January 25, 2008

Random facts about me

My friend, Lisa, emailed this little quiz to me today. I am not a fan of the old 'send this to five people you know' kind of emails. So annoying. But, I did think this would be a fun blog exercise. So, feel free to learn a little more about me... and if you wish to do a similar post yourself, feel free to do so and leave a comment so I can get to know you better too.

  1. WERE YOU NAMED AFTER ANYONE ?
    Yes, well, sort of. My first name, no. But, my middle name is May. My maternal great-grandmother was named May, and my paternal great-grandmother was named Olive May. So it worked for both sides of the family.
  2. WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU CRIED?
    Last week. Can't remember what day, but I laughed so hard, I cried.
  3. DO YOU LIKE YOUR HANDWRITING?
    Most of the time. I do have nice handwriting, but if I don't focus, or when I'm in a hurry, it can get really sloppy.
  4. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE LUNCH MEAT?
    Boar's Head Oven Gold Turkey Breast
  5. DO YOU HAVE KIDS?
    Not yet. But, I do have two dogs that I love like they are my children.
  6. IF YOU WERE ANOTHER PERSON WOULD YOU BE FRIENDS WITH YOU?
    Of course!
  7. DO YOU USE SARCASM ALOT?
    Oh yes, perhaps too often, but it helps me get through the day at work.
  8. DO YOU STILL HAVE YOUR TONSILS?
    Um, no. I was in 2nd grade when I had them removed.
  9. WOULD YOU BUNGEE JUMP?
    Not a chance in the world.
  10. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE CEREAL?
    This is a tough one. I love cereal! I guess my all-time fave would be Cap'n Crunch PB Crunch.
  11. DO YOU UNTIE YOUR SHOES WHEN YOU TAKE THEM OFF?
    I don't usually wear lace up shoes anymore. But even when I do, no. I always slide them off, but I do untie them before I put them back on.
  12. DO YOU THINK YOU ARE STRONG?
    Yes, pretty strong.
  13. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE ICE CREAM?
    Graeter's Double Chocolate Chip (see my sidebar)
  14. WHAT IS THE FIRST THING YOU NOTICE ABOUT PEOPLE?
    Never really thought about this, but probably eyes.
  15. RED OR PINK?
    Red, but I am really digging pink lately.
  16. WHAT IS THE LEAST FAVORITE THING YOU LIKE ABOUT YOURSELF?
    My size/weight.
  17. WHO DO YOU MISS THE MOST?
    Melba B. (8.25.96)
  18. WHAT COLOR PANTS AND SHOES ARE YOU WEARING?
    Jeans and khaki suede Merrell's.
  19. WHAT WAS THE LAST THING YOU ATE?
    Chicken, green beans and mac n' cheese (might have something to do with #16 - ha)
  20. WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW?
    The sound of my fingers hitting the keys.
  21. IF YOU WERE A CRAYON, WHAT COLOR WOULD YOU BE?
    Red.
  22. FAVORITE SMELLS?
    Clean laundry, freshly baked cookies, Longaberger baskets, new Coach purse.
  23. WHO WAS THE LAST PERSON YOU TALKED TO ON THE PHONE?
    Rich.
  24. DO YOU LIKE THE PERSON WHO SENT THIS TO YOU?
    Well, of course I do!!
  25. FAVORITE SPORTS TO WATCH?
    Professional Football
  26. HAIR COLOR?
    Dark Brown
  27. EYE COLOR?
    Brown
  28. DO YOU WEAR CONTACTS?
    Yes
  29. FAVORITE FOOD?
    As Paula Deen would say, "Don't you know it's rude to ask a fat girl what she likes to eat. Judging by my size, I've enjoyed most all of it!" - ha ha
  30. SCARY MOVIES OR HAPPY ENDINGS?
    How about funny? I like funny.
  31. LAST MOVIE YOU WATCHED?
    Clueless (it was on tv the other day... takes me back to college days, oh, the memories!)
  32. WHAT COLOR SHIRT ARE YOU WEARING?
    Bright pink hoodie from Nantucket
  33. SUMMER OR WINTER?
    Fall!
  34. HUGS OR KISSES?
    Both
  35. FAVORITE DESSERT?
    See #29
  36. WHAT BOOK ARE YOU READING NOW?
    Well, I've started reading another Nicholas Sparks book, but I haven't picked it up for a few months, so I doubt that still qualifies as "reading".
  37. WHAT IS ON YOUR MOUSE PAD?
    No mouse pad. I use a laptop.
  38. WHAT DID YOU WATCH ON T.V . LAST NIGHT?
    Celebrity Apprentice
  39. FAVORITE SOUND?
    The ocean.
  40. ROLLING STONES OR BEATLES?
    Neither, ick!
  41. WHAT IS THE FARTHEST YOU HAVE BEEN FROM HOME?
    Guadalajara, Mexico
  42. DO YOU HAVE A SPECIAL TALENT?
    I have many talents
  43. WHERE WERE YOU BORN?
    Just outside Chicago, IL (won't give the town because this is one of the secret questions that many websites use for password requests).

So, there you have it. Wasn't that fun? Don't forget if you do one of these yourself, leave me a comment so I can come check it out!

PS - Aren't you impressed... two posts in one day!

1 comment:

  1. i am impressed with the 2 posts in one day! AWESOME!

    and i love this one-- fun to read.

    the paula deen comment cracks me up b/c my aunt (paula no less!) reminds me so much of her- giggly and bubbly and so, so funny.

    i love your recipes though so share away!

    ReplyDelete

comments make me happy!