August 29, 2007
- My husband called me last Wednesday at 5 p.m. to tell me that his doctor had scheduled him for surgery to remove a kidney stone the following morning. I quickly cleared my calendar at work and headed home to get the full scoop.
- We spent all day Thursday at the hospital for his outpatient surgery. He was groggy, goofy and in a lot of pain, so I stayed home with him on Friday.
- I scored great deals for a new laptop, new printer and RAM upgrades. So now I'm blazing fast! I love it.
- Have spent the last several days getting the new computer up and running. Thank heavens my old laptop (which isn't really that old) had a DVD burner, so that made file transfer a breeze.
- Getting ready for alot of busy-ness over the next 3-4 days. My parents arrive in town tomorrow for the Titans game. They are staying over to celebrate my birthday on Friday night. Going for mani-pedi's with my BFF on Saturday... her treat for my birthday. Vanderbilt college football on Saturday... and a big group dinner on Sunday to celebrate my birthday.
What's going on in your world?
August 22, 2007
For those of you interested in the details...
Cardstock: Starch White by French Paper (card), Positively Pink and Tempting Turquoise (Stampin' Up!), Cougar White
Stamp Pads: Basic Black and Positively Pink
Markers: Pretty in Pink, Positively Pink and Tempting Turquoise
Stamp Sets Used: Little Hellos and Polka Dots & Paisleys
Ribbon: 7/8" grosgrain from Ribbon Factory
Next up: Birthday Card swap. Only six of these to make, so I may get a little crazy!
August 20, 2007
Have you gotten this far and can't figure out what I'm talking about? So sorry! Let me explain... I plan and host a weekend crop/crafters retreat each year. About 40 crafty ladies gather at a state park just south of Nashville for the first weekend in February. We get the fire roaring in the lodge and crop. til. we. drop. It is loads of fun and I can't wait.
If any of you are interested in joining in the fun, you can get more details and register online here.
So, if you change your email addy, be sure to go into Settings in your Dashboard, click on Comments and update that email address as well. Thanks for all the sweet comments on that post you guys. I feel like a total dummy for not knowing they were there until today.
August 12, 2007
Here is the design I came up with, and I love how it turned out. It uses printing, stamping and watercolors for the graphics. I love this color combo for Halloween. Below is my stack of completed cards. I will pop these in the mail in the morning. Next month, I will get a pack of with five cards, each made by a different person.
** Have you ever participated in a card swap?**
August 08, 2007
Image property of kwernerdesign.com
This is just one example of the incredible things she has on her site. I love her cards, too. It's killing me to have to sit here at work when all I wanna do is make some cards.
Speaking of... I just signed up for something new today. It's a card swap. I've never done this before and I'm actually pretty excited about it. I will make x number of the same card and send it in, and will get back a card from each of the other participants. I am hoping that this will be a great way for me to build up my supply of cards. I'll post my version when I finish, so stay tuned.
August 07, 2007
- She loves to learn and try new things.
- She is so very quiet and sweet.
- She has a terrific sense of humor for someone of her age.
- She enjoys reading and reads well beyond her grade level.
- Shares my love for paper and crafts.
- She is a low maintenance kid.
- She loves being a part of our family.
- She is perfectly happy to hang out with me.
- Her skin is flawless.
- She gives great hugs.