June 30, 2011

how to build a better burger

Start with a soft, golden, sesame see bun...

Next comes the thick, juicy, flame-grilled burger...

Don't forget the cheese! Here's a big slice of sharp cheddar...

I love a slice of red onion for a little bite...

You can't beat a fresh-from-the-garden slice of tomato...

Add some kosher dill slices for a tangy crunch...

How about a bit of buttery smooth bibb lettuce...

Now that's a better burger! Are you hungry yet?

This has been a really fun project and I sure hope my swap partner likes it. The theme is summer/barbeque. I thought rather than make a boring potholder from a novelty print, I would build a burger out of potholders. I'll wrap this up and send it on it's way to a new home tomorrow.

18 comments:

  1. I think that is just great! I am sure your partner will like it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well if I hadn't already eaten I would so be running to the kitchen right now.
    That is just the coolest ever!! great job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A brilliant idea and so well executed. Your swap partner is sure to love it, especially if she has children to play with it too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Holy cow that is incredible! I am so glad you joined (and I wish I signed up for potholders!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's so summery, cute and creative!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! What a lucky swap partner! So cute! I did a potholder swap once and it was LAME. :( You should write up a pattern for this one.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is just the best! Your partner is going to LOVE it... and if she doesn't, well there are plenty of us who would. I love the red onion and the grill marks on your burger. Perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I congratulate you are great!

    ReplyDelete
  9. How freaking adorable is that?!?!?! I can totally see that in a craft book! You should submit it to Stitch or one of the book publishers!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is SOOO cute!! Are they pot holders and placemats? I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The are so stinking cute it isn't even funny!!! Of course now I am wishing that I had signed up for potholders!

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's just the cutest thing I"ve ever seen - Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. OMG! This is the best one yet. Very fun and creative.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is SOOOOOO sweet! Would you mind if I make one.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Completely adorable & wonderful! Should definitely be published somewhere.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love this what a great project to use with my free motion class. This would make the class fun!

    ReplyDelete

comments make me happy!