February 28, 2011

sneak peek: stacked coins



I started this new quilt top a few days ago. It has been a while since I did this much piecing and I really enjoyed it. It's funny to think about that because I was so busy late in the fall finishing up all my gift quilts. Many of those were pieced back in late spring/early summer. I had forgotten how much I enjoy this part of the process.

This pattern was based on a feature on the Moda Bake Shop. I wanted the finished quilt to be bigger and use the entire jelly roll for the front, so I modified the pattern a bit to get the size I wanted. I'm thrilled with the results so far. I used one of my most coveted jelly rolls for this quilt. It is Verna by Kate Spain for Moda Fabrics. I'm still not 100% certain about what the future will hold for this beauty, but this may very well be headed for Etsy.

2 comments:

  1. Love the springy fabrics, we definitely need some spring here in Nashy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice! Can't wait to see it in person.

    ReplyDelete

comments make me happy!