August 12, 2010

Seeing Double

967887813_AvSbh-M.jpg

I recently finished up a few quilting projects that were twins. The first set was a simple table runner pattern I discovered on Moda Bake Shop. I knew it would be a great quick and easy project for the new 12 Days of Christmas fabric by Kate Spain for Moda. And because it was so simple, I decided to make two. One for me and one to give to my Mother.

967887999_hryX8-M.jpg

I had pieced the tops about four months ago, but had to wait until I could get some yardage to finish up the project. I quilted with a simple meandering and now they are ready to dress up a table for the holiday season.

967888144_LX7MC-M.jpg

967888344_HiMp4-M.jpg

For the next set of quilts, we know two young ladies who graduated from High School this year and I thought lap quilts would be the perfect gift for both of them. I had purchased fabric from the Hunky Dory line by Chez Moi for Moda Fabrics with the intention of making a framed charm square quilt but I really didn’t know who would be the recipient of said quilt. When we received the graduation announcements in the mail, I knew I wanted to make something for them, and then it hit me, that this would be the perfect use for Hunky Dory.

967888559_z5dVh-M.jpg

967888704_vHBLc-M.jpg

This collection is so young and fresh I decided that would be perfect for these girls embarking on an exciting new chapter in their lives. I followed my original plan for the framed charm blocks and couldn't be more pleased with the end result. I quilted both with a simple meandering pattern. I’ve sent them away to their new ownders who I am sure will enjoy them for years to come. They finished out at about 48" square. I still have enough jelly roll strips and charm squares to maybe make a little something for myself. For now, the leftovers can chill out in my stash drawer as I have so many other projects on deck.

1 comment:

  1. Love these quilts! They are BEAUTIFUL! Reminds me of the ones my grandmother used to make.
    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

comments make me happy!