April 16, 2007

Who Doesn't Love A Free Upgrade?

As you could probably tell from my previous post. Yesterday wasn't off to a good start. I finally arrived at The Couer d'Alene Resort at 8:15 PT after what seemed 14 hours of flying. I was weary and just ready to get in my jammies and order some room service.

I gave the keys to the valet, walked through the lobby where a very friendly girl was working the registration desk. I gave her my name and this is where my day took a drastic turn. She said "We've given you a free upgrade from our standard room to one of our premium suites with a mountain view."



It is a fabulous room. Two very fluffy, comfy beds. A step down into the 'living room' area where there is a desk, a sectional sofa, two chairs and and a coffee table. I've got a nice balcony patio, which won't get much use since it is a bit chilly here. I spent about 20 minutes just soaking it all in and getting settled.

Then I flipped on the 32" wall-mounted flat panel tv to catch the last half of Extreme Makeover. I was so happy to see that I was going to be able to watch Desperate Housewives, even though the show wasn't very good this week. I had a yummy salad and fish brought up to the room, and then I collapsed into bed at 10 local time.

I slept in until 7. I don't have to be at the conference until this afternoon. I thought about spending a day in the spa, but I would rather save that money for my girl's getaway in a couple weeks. So, I am getting ready to get dressed and head out for a walk to soak in sights. I have my good camera with me and hope to have lots of great photos to show you. Today is looking good!

3 comments:

  1. Upgrads are good. How did you get the upgrade? I don't think I have ever been so lucky! Yay for you though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh and upGRADES are good, too. I can't spell...

    wow, can i say i just checked out your resort and it looks FAB!!!! have a great time!

    ReplyDelete

comments make me happy!