March 25, 2011

what's new?

It has been a fairly busy week here. I have a new quilt top complete. I wish I could share it with you, but I have submitted it for consideration for a Moda Bakeshop feature and am waiting to hear back. I'm not 100% sure what the 'rules' are about that, but I don't think I should feature here until I know if I've been selected.

I did some shopping today at my local Joann store. I received a 25% off entire purchase coupon valid this weekend and wanted to go pick up a few things. I was presently surprised that Kona solids were already 40% off, so with the coupon, it brought the price down to $3.15 per yard. That is way too good to pass up and I use so much white, that I decided to stock up. But now that I'm thinking about it, I probably didn't buy enough. Maybe I'll stop back by later this weekend to get a little more.

In other big news, my husband surprised me yesterday by purchasing a new washer & dryer set. They will be delivered tomorrow afternoon. I have already sold our existing set on Craigslist and a sweet girl who is just a year out of college is the proud new owner. There were lots of dust bunnies in there, so I've got some cleaning to do before the new ones are set up tomorrow. I'm really excited about this!!

It looks to be a fairly cold & rainy weekend here, so when I'm not slaving over the laundry, I plan to get some sewing done. Lots of projects on deck, I've just got to jump in. Hopefully I will have some photos to share with you tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. can't wait to find out if Moda will have your pattern on Bakeshop - so exciting

    ReplyDelete

comments make me happy!