December 22, 2007
1# mushrooms, stems removed
8 oz. cooked salad shrimp
1/3 C grated parmesan cheese
2 t parsley flakes
1/2 C chive & onion cream cheese spread
1/2 t dijon mustard
1 clove garlic, pressed
For crumb topping:
4 t butter
1 clove garlic, pressed
1/4 C dry bread crumbs
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F
- For shrimp filling, chop shrimp. Place in mixing bowl. Add 4 teaspoons lemon zest and parsley flakes. Mix together. Add parmesan cheese, cream cheese spread, mustard and garlic. Mix well.
- Stuff mushroom caps with shrimp filling.
- For crumb topping, place butter and garlic in microwave safe mixing bowl. Microwave on high 20-30 seconds until butter is completely melted. Stir in bread crumbs. If mixture is too wet, add more bread crumbs.
- Place mushrooms into a baking dish with the filling side up.
- Sprinkle with crumb topping.
- Bake 18-20 minutes or until topping is golden brown and filling is hot.
- Serve immediately.
40 meatballs (I use the frozen pre-made kind from the grocery)
1 8 oz. can jellied cranberry sauce
1/4 C ketchup
1/4 C orange marmalade
2 T packed brown sugar
1 T worcestershire sauce
- Prepare meatballs as directed on package.
- In medium sauce pan, combine last five ingredients. Heat until sugar is melted and all ingredients are mixed well.
- Add hot meatballs, stir.
- Simmer on stove for 5-10 minutes
- Serve hot
December 21, 2007
December 20, 2007
- She loved yoga.
- She walked everywhere. She never owned a car or had a driver's license.
- She cut her grass with a manual push mower (no gasoline powered mowers for her) until she was in her early 90's.
- She put out a big garden every year and tended to it each day.
- She loved to wear a little sun/bucket hat.
I think my fondest memories of her relate to my birthday and a special tradition she began. As a little girl, each year for my birthday, she would bake me a lamb cake. It is a homemade angel food cake baked into a lamb shaped pan. It's frosted with 7-minute icing and coconut flakes. I can recall so vividly getting that big box in the mail. Dad would put it on the table and carefully cut it open, causing all of the real popcorn to come flooding out onto the table. For the rest of my life, this will always be my favorite birthday cake. I am blessed to have her special pan and her hand-written recipe for that cake.
Happy Birthday Gramma! I love you and miss you!
Happy 39th Anniversary to Mom & Dad!